I AM BACK.
I have been avoiding writing blog posts and at first I was genuinly busy but then I didn’t feel like writing. I mean, I don’t even have a legit excuse for being below average at blogging and I have no remorse. But heyyyy, I am here now so let’s catch up?
My reading has been like Kolkata’s weather. Warm & sunny followed by incessant rain, thunder & lightning. It has ranged from reading 8 books in a month to barely managing one book. I was also the lucky recipient to uninvited reading slumps which as you might have figured hampered my reading. Since I’ve missed out on posting monthly wrap-ups, I’m going to briefly tell you what I’ve read and what I am currently reading.
- Clear Light of Day by Anita Desai: I loved this book. It was part of my MA syllabus and I was so glad I got to read it.
- Baaz by Anuja Chauhan: You can read my review to know what I think about this one. Review: BAAZ
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
- Option B by Sheryl Sandberg: I absolutely loved this book. Here’s my review: Book Review: Option B
- Window Seat by Yashluv Virwani: You can read my review here: Window Seat By Yashluv Virwani
- Glitter and Gloss by Vibha Batra: Glitter and Gloss by Vibha Batra
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin by Mark Twain
- The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- The Ice Twins by S.K.Tremayne
- A House Without Windows by Nadia Hashmi: Easily one of my favourite books of the year.
- The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
- What Kitty Did by Trisha Bora: What Kitty Did by Trisha Bora
- A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir
- Three Psychos by Yash Pawaskar
I am currently reading Mr.Mercedes by Stephen King which is my first novel by the author. I understand I am late to the King bandwagon but it’s better late than never, right? I will write a review once I am done reading it. I am hoping to start with IT by King since the movie releases this friday and I want to read the book and prepare myself before watching the movie. It’s unlikely that I’ll watch the movie in theatres since the book is a 1000 pages long! I don’t even remember the last time I read such a thick book. It’s going to be a task, a difficult one. Other than that, I have no set TBR pile since I never follow it. I have a problem with sticking to rules even if I set them myself. I do, however, like challenges which brings me to my Goodreads challenge. It gives me great pleasure to announce I’ve read 34 out of 50 books so far with 4 months still left. I think I am pretty much on track and I MIGHT finish reading all 50 books before the year ends but let’s not get too ambitious. I also got done with MA exams and I’m awaiting results. It feels oddly weird not having to worry about exams or anything yet feels so incomplete. Being a student sucks but it also has its own charm.
That’s all from my side. Here’s to hoping you hear from me soon.
Also, what are you currently reading?